Ossining New York Shopping
Ossining, New York is a bastion of culture, with shopping, museums and entertainment for visitors and locals alike. The festival celebrates Italian cuisine and wine culture and also offers casino games and many activities for children. OssiningNY is home to one of New York's most popular tourist attractions - the Italian Festival.
The inhabitants of Ossining, who live in Croton Bay, enjoy the robust water life of a variety of sailors and swimmers. The park, owned and managed by Westchester County, includes more than 1,000 acres of open space and a variety of outdoor activities. There is a train stop at Grand Central Terminal in the city and the journey to Grand Central takes about 48 minutes.
Turn right onto Renee Gate Street and continue on US 9, which follows the U-S-9 for approximately 11 miles, then turn left onto West Main Street next to the Ossining Police Department. The dealership is within two miles of the intersection of East Main Street and West Street, south of the train tracks.
There are two express stations on the line that serve most trains, except for rush hour trains to Poughkeepsie. The station has two platforms, one on each side of the tracks and four tracks, one of which has no electricity and is only used by diesel trains. There is a section of the route that runs through the middle of the Sing Sing Correctional Centre south of this station.
New York Waterways uses this station to connect the station to Central Rockland County. The Hudson Line is used by commuters from Rocklands County and New York City as a ferry service from NY Waterway. At this station, the ferry terminals of New Jersey Transit, the operator of the line, may be used as a ferry dock.
After the NYC and Pennsylvania Railroads merged in 1968, Penn Central Station became Penn Station and had to leave its commuter traffic to the Metropolitan Transportation Authority. The station and the railway were handed over to Conrail in 1976 and eventually became part of the MTA Nordbahn in 1983.
The city of Ossining began as a village called Sing Sing, originally inhabited by the Mohegan Indian tribe. The land that today comprises the city of Ossined remained with the Philipse family until the American Revolution, when it was confiscated by the New Yorkers during the American Revolution. As the village grew, the name was changed to Ossinsing, but the third "s" was dropped because it is difficult to pronounce. After a nearby prison gained a bad reputation for convict labor in 1901, and the nearby train station and railway station retained the names "Sing Sing" and "Singing," it was also named in the future.
The Hudson River Railroad reached Ossining in the late 18th century, opening the village to industrial development along the waterfront and allowing farmers to grow their produce inland. The industrial groups that benefited from the railroad included the Ossinsing Railway Company, the New York and New Jersey Railroad, and the Sing Sing Railroad Company. These businesses gradually displaced the boatbuilders who had populated the waterfront since the early 19th century.
The Ossining Station is one of the main stations of the New York and New Jersey Railroad, located in Ossined, New York. The Hudson River, which had long since merged with New York's Central Railway, built a new Renaissance-style station in 1914 in the present building.